Networking Ice Breakers: Do you ever show up to an event and find yourself stuck for something to say or in awkward silence? How do you start a conversation with a complete stranger? It can be nerve racking being the first one to toss some words out there and then waiting on edge for a response. If you want to kick off a stellar conversation with a potential networking contact consider leading with one of these:
- Get their attention by bringing up an article they wrote, or something you admire about their work or their career.
- Lead with something that stood out to you on their social media that was recently posted.
- Did they do a 10 minute presentation, compliment them, let them know how their presentation affected you, if you have a further questions; ask them to expand on it.
- Did they give or receive a testimonial, complement them on their delivery, engage in a conversation around their experience.
- Talk to the person who received the testimonial, compliment them or ask some further questions around how they achieved those results, their technique or their process.
- As entrepreneurs a great question is what keeps you going every day? Do you have a personal mantra or daily ritual that helps keep you going and inspired?
- How did you end up in your line of work?
- What are you looking forward to this week?
- Do you have any events, networking events or tradeshows coming up?
- What type of a client are you looking for?
- How best could I refer you?
- What do you specialize in?
- What is the funniest thing that happened to you?
- What makes you unique in your business or as a person?
- Ask for some advice on a challenge you are trying to overcome.
Hopefully you can start using some of these right away so that you will feel more confident in breaking the ice and ease into a powerful conversation at any networking opportunity.
Provided by Dixie Bennett
Dixie Bennett is very gifted and passionate about helping others find their way through their pain. Most people arrive in extreme pain and leave with a smile on their face with a new sense of hope. A unique treatment plan is designed specifically for her clients in order to get to the root cause of their pain using gentle non-invasive techniques such as Bowen Therapy, CranioSacral Therapy and Reiki. As a result, clients will be able to take ownership of their pain free life by having a better sense of body balance, more flexibility, higher sense of wellbeing and energy.